Safer homes: cleaning for asthma & allergies.
When it comes to cleaning for allergies and asthma the goal is to get rid of allergens that can cause a reaction. With studies showing that a considerable percentage of the U.S. population reports an adverse effect or irritation from fragranced products, it's not surprising to see many people look for cleaning methods that eliminate triggers for common allergies.
According to the American Academy of Allergy and Asthma & Immunology, regular cleaning can help reduce allergy and asthma triggers in the home, caused by mold, pet dander, and dust mites. It can also help deodorize. However, reaching for cleaning products with harsh chemicals can also aggravate symptoms.
It's estimated that more than 3,000 chemicals can make up the artificial fragrances found in everyday personal products, cosmetics, and cleaning items. Some of those chemicals have been linked to health issues, including reproductive problems and asthma. Phthalates, for example, are a controversial family of chemicals that can mimic the effects of hormones in the body. They are often added to fragrances to help smells last longer (and smell stronger).
If this information makes your eyes water, fear not. There are cleaning products that use non-toxic ingredients while providing a nature-inspired, clean scent.
Casabella Infuse cleaning formulations are non-toxic and made from a blend of synthetically and naturally derived fragrance components. These naturally derived ingredients come from essential oils and naturally occurring sources such as fruits, flowers, treemoss, oakmoss, and more. The fragrances used do not include cringe-worthy chemicals, such Carcinogens, Bleach, Phthalates, Formaldehyde-donors, Parabens, Nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs), BPA, SLES, Endocrine, Disruptors, Hydroquinone, Butyl (2-butoxyethanol), Triclosan, Ammonia, Triclocarban, Chlorine, BHA, Formaldehyde, BHT & Harsh Mineral Acids. And skin sensitizing ingredients are limited to no more than 0.01% in the final product. For more read: The science behind Infuse’s fragrances
With safer cleaning products in hand, you are ready to improve your indoor air quality.
Here’s how to effectively clean for allergies:
- Dust from top to bottom: Start by dusting off the highest surfaces, such as shelves, window sills, glass, and mirror surfaces and work your way down to countertops. Using microfiber cleaning cloths is an eco-friendlier way to trap dust and dirt without scratching surfaces. They reduce paper towel use and are machine washable. Infuse microfiber cloths come in a set, so use a dry one for dusting, and set aside the second one for spraying and wiping in step 3.
- Vacuum floors and other areas that collect dust, pet hairs, and dander such as blinds, windows sills, and in between those sofa cushions.
- Spray and wipe all surfaces using your favorite Infuse cleaning sprays available in All Purpose, Bathroom, and Glass & Window formulas. Pair each spray with its coordinated microfiber cloth for ultimate results. What’s more, is Infuse products were built to deliver refillable cleaning power without harsh chemicals of harmful cleaning odors for years to come. This means that while you’re improving indoor air quality, you’re also helping to reduce waste by reusing the refillable bottle.
- Finally, hit the floors with the Infuse Multi-Surface spray mop. Each powerful cleaning formula is non-toxic and certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny. And the battery-free spray pump, machine-washable microfiber mop pads, and refillable bottles provide long-term savings and less waste. Making Infuse safer for your home and friendlier to the planet.
- Once you've completed your deep clean, toss all microfiber cleaning cloths and mop pads in the washing machine with warm water on the gentle cycle, then air or tumble dry on low to complete purge of dust and dirt. Your fresh and clean living space is now something you can smile about.